PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
The Singapore Mental Health Conference 2019 is co-organised Institute of Mental Health (IMH), National Council of Social Service (NCSS), Agency for Integrated Care (AIC), and Health Promotion Board (HPB). We are committed to protecting the privacy of delegates’ personal information.
- Purpose for Collection of Personal Information
- A variety of information may be collected, including the delegate’s first name, surname, NRIC, Staff ID, Profession, Designation, Department, MCR/SNB/PRN number, Organisation, Institution, Institution Address, Email Address, Contact number (Office and Mobile) and Payment Card Information (For payment).
- The personal information collected will allow the Conference Secretariat to provide marketing services and any related or ancillary purposes deemed necessary by the Conference Secretariat.
- The Organiser will use the business contact information collected during registration for necessary business communication. The Conference Secretariat may have limited ability to assist the requests of delegates if no information was provided.
- The sole purpose of collecting delegate’s NRIC number is part of a requirement by a Singapore Government entity for a grant application procedure. It will not be stored or used in any other ways, manners or circumstances other than for the purpose mentioned
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- The Organiser will not disclose any delegate’s personal information except under these limited circumstances:
- The Conference Secretariat will access the delegate’s personal information to provide the services that delegates request for.
- Provide marketing services and any related or ancillary purposes deemed necessary by the Conference Secretariat.
- “Red Dot Payment Ltd” is authorised to collect all payment on behalf of SMHC 2019. Delegates acknowledge and agree that certain personally identifiable information, including name, contact details, payment card information, needs to be disclosed to Red Dot Payment to process payment. All payment is processed via secured servers.
- Any disclosure of the delegates’ personal information by the Organiser to any third party will be used specifically for the purpose for which it had been disclosed. The Organiser will not share the delegates’ personal information to any party that is not involved in the organisation of Singapore Mental Health Conference 2019.
- The Organiser does not retain or control or share any information entered by delegates into the payment gateway to complete the payment.
- By registering for SMHC 2019, you have given absolute consent and agree for all submitted information and data to be used for the submission of any grants related to the costs of organising and running of SMHC 2019. This includes relevant parties related to the submission of grants used to defray the costs of organising SMHC 2019. Any disclosure of the delegates’ personal information by the Organiser to any third party will be used specifically for the purpose for which it had been disclosed.
- The Organiser will not share the delegates’ personal information to any party that is not involved in the organisation of Singapore Mental Health Conference 2019 (SMHC 2019). The Organiser shall protect and take all reasonable precautions and adequate measures to safeguard the delegates’ personal information against such risks as loss, theft, unauthorised access, unauthorised disclosure, modification, copying, use and destruction. The Organiser will not be held responsible for all submitted information and data that may be shared with any other third parties apart from those that The Organiser directly liased with for any grant application.
- Personal Information Security
- The Organiser shall protect and take all reasonable precautions and adequate measures to safeguard the delegates’ personal information against such risks as loss, theft, unauthorised access, unauthorised disclosure, modification, copying, use and destruction.
- The Organiser will protect the confidentiality of the delegates’ personal information in its dealing with third party Vendors.
- The Organiser will not request for the delegates’ username and password via email or telephone. If the delegates receive such requests, please inform the Conference Secretariat immediately at SMHC@imh.com.sg.
- Accuracy of Personal Information
- The delegates’ personal information will be deemed as accurate and complete upon registration, necessary for the purpose for which it is intended to be used.
- Accurate, complete and up to date personal information will minimise any inappropriate decisions made about a delegate when the need arises.
- A ‘Registration Confirmation’ Email will be sent to all successful registrants confirming their successful registration for SMHC 2019.
- The delegates may email to SMHC@imh.com.sg and request for changes to be made to their registration details.
- Retention and Destruction of Personal Information
- The Organiser will maintain appropriate practices for retention and destruction where delegates’ personal information will be erased and destroyed if it is no longer of use or relevant. Upon the destruction of delegates’ personal information, the Organiser will then no longer have access to such personal information.
- Transfer of Personal Information
- The delegates’ personal information provided is not transferrable to other countries and will be accessed only by the Organiser and its duly authorised partner/s. The Organiser shall not use any data provided by the delegates, or any substance that is replicated or derived therefrom for any commercial or profit-generating purpose, or in the conduct of research that is subject to consulting, licensing or other similar legal or commercial obligations to another institution, corporation or business entity, unless the provider provides its prior written consent.
For any enquiries regarding the Personal Data Protection Policy or any requests regarding personal information, please contact the Conference Secretariat at SMHC@imh.com.sg