A. General Information
- The Singapore Mental Health Conference (SMHC) 2017 will be held at MAX Atria @ Singapore EXPO from Friday, 8 Sep 2017 to Saturday, 9 Sep 2017. All delegates and faculties will be notified via e-mail and sms if there is any change to the venue.
- The programme schedule for SMHC 2017 is final, although updates/refinements may be made occasionally. The line-up of speakers may be adjusted accordingly if any speaker (due to illness or other urgent matters) is suddenly unable to participate. A replacement speaker of similar qualifications/experience/seniority will be sourced in the light of such an event.
B. Registration Information
Registration fee does not include:
- Travel arrangements
- Visa fees
- The pricing tiers of tickets are final and no further adjustments will be made.The closing date for online registration is 8 Aug 2017 at 23:59.
- Lunch and tea breaks will be provided for all delegates.
- Delegates may choose the following options to attend SMHC 2017:
- 1-Day access only
- 2-Day access
- Caregivers’ Track only. Delegates who registered for the Caregivers’ Track are only allowed to attend the Caregivers’ Track on Day 2.
- To qualify for the ‘Early Bird Registration’, registration fees must be received by 31 Jul 2017. After which, normal rates will apply.
- The ‘Onsite Registration Fee’ applies to all delegates who register directly at the Conference venue on 8 & 9 Sep 2017. All bank charges will be borne by the delegate.
- All prices quoted and payments are in Singapore Dollars (SGD) and are subjected to prevailing 7% Goods and Services Tax (GST) and credit card charges (3.75% for online and 4.28% for onsite registrations via credit card).
- For online payments, only Visa/Master Credit Cards are available.
- Students who wish to register for the conference must submit their student identification or proof of qualifying student status online during registration in order to be eligible for student rates.
- The online registration portal accepts individual registrations only, and payment by credit card for each online registration must be made in full upon registration.
- For group registrations or company-sponsored delegates, please email email@example.com for details
- Pre-registered delegates will receive their badges via email approximately two weeks before the conference. Conference badges are to be printed and presented on the conference days. Upon registration at the venue, please collect a lanyard at the registration counter. A nominal administrative fee of S$10.70 (inclusive of 7% GST) will be charged for onsite printing upon registration.
C. Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Notice of cancellation must be emailed to the SMHC secretariat by 8 Aug 2017 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 50% of registration fee (not inclusive of bank and GST charges) will be refunded for cancellations made on or before 8 Aug 2017. This will also apply to offline registrations. No refund will be made after the stated date.
- Cancellations received after 8 Aug 2017 and ‘No-Show’ will not qualify for refund and the delegate remains liable for the full registration fee.
- Delegates are to ensure that they have received an acknowledgement of their cancellation from the SMHC Secretariat.
D. Substitution Policy
- Delegates who are unable to attend either 1 or 2 days of the conference may send an alternate from the same institution for a one-for-one substitution of the same registration category and fees.
- No extra cost will be charged unless substitution requests are received after 8 Aug 2017, including onsite substitutions, or of different category pricing. A fee of S$40 will apply.
- All substitution requests must be emailed to the SMHC secretariat at email@example.com by 8 Aug 2017, together with the full name and contact details of the substitution
- SMHC 2017 registrations are non-transferable and must be used by the registered delegate only.
The Organiser for this Conference is committed to protect the privacy of delegates’ personal information.
- 1. Purpose for Collection of Personal Information
- A variety of information may be collected, including the delegate’s first name, surname, NRIC, Staff ID, Profession, Designation, Department, MCR/SNB/PRN number, Organization, Institution, Institution Address, Email Address, Contact number (Office and Mobile) and Credit Card Information.
- The personal information collected will allow the Conference Secretariat to provide marketing services and any related or ancillary purposes deemed necessary by the Conference Secretariat.
- The Organiser will use the business contact information collected during registration for necessary business communication. The Conference Secretariat may have limited ability to assist the requests of delegates if no information was provided.
- 2. Disclosure of Personal Information
- The Organiser will not disclose any delegate’s personal information except under these limited circumstances.
- The Conference Secretariat will access the delegate’s personal information to provide the services that delegates request for.
- Provide marketing services and any related or ancillary purposes deemed necessary by the Conference Secretariat.
- “Corp IT Solutions Pte Ltd” is authorised to collect all payment on behalf of SMHC 2017. All payments are processed via secured servers.
- Any disclosure of the delegates’ personal information by the Organiser to any third party will be used specifically for the purpose for which it had been disclosed. The Organiser will not share the delegates’ personal information to any party that is not involved in the organisation of Singapore Mental Health Conference 2017.
3. Personal Information Security
- The Organiser shall protect and take all reasonable precautions and adequate measures to safeguard the delegates’ personal information against such risks as loss, theft, unauthorised access, unauthorised disclosure, modification, copying, use and destruction.
- The Organiser will protect the confidentiality of the delegates’ personal information in its dealings with third party vendors.
4. Accuracy of Personal Information
- The delegates’ personal information will be deemed as accurate and complete upon registration, necessary for the purpose for which it is intended to be used.
- Accurate, complete and up-to-date personal information will minimise any inappropriate decisions made about a delegate when the need arises.
5. Retention and Destruction of Personal Information
- The Organiser will maintain appropriate practices for retention and destruction where delegates’ personal information will be erased and destroyed if it is no longer of use or relevant. Upon the destruction of delegates’ personal information, the Organiser will then no longer have access to such personal information.
6. Transfer of Personal Information
- The delegates’ personal information provided is not transferable to other countries and will be accessed only by the Organiser and its duly authorised partner/s. The Organiser shall not use any data provided by the delegates, or any substances that is replicated or derived therefrom for any commercial or profit-generating purpose, or in the conduct of research that is subject to consulting, licensing or other similar legal or commercial obligations to another institution, corporation or business entity, unless the provider provides its prior written consent.
7. Photography & Video Recordings
- Photos will be taken at the conference by an official photographer. The Organiser has the right to use images taken at the Congress for
- post-conference publicity
- future marketing purposes or materials and
- Registration for Conference includes consent for free publication in the above manner without requiring any declaration from the participants.
- The Organiser shall not be liable for any loss, damage or penalty resulting from delays or failures in the performance of their obligations under these Terms and Conditions if the delay or failure results from events beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser.
- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, such events shall include but are not limited to, acts of God, wars, hostility, invasions, acts of foreign enemies, rebellions, revolutions, riots, civil wars, disturbances, requisitioning or other acts of civil or military authority, laws, regulations, acts or orders of any governmental authority, body, agency or official, fires, inclement weather, rain or floods (however caused), industrial actions, strikes, lock-outs or other labour disputes, outbreaks, epidemics, pandemics, embargoes or other catastrophes affecting the availability of materials or labour necessary for the performance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Organiser hereto agree to notify the delegates promptly of any such circumstances delaying its performance and to resume performance as soon thereafter as is reasonably practicable.
- If any force majeure event shall continue for a period exceeding one hundred and twenty (120) days, then either Party may at any time thereafter, upon giving notice to the other, elect to cancel the Conference.
- The registered delegate acknowledges that he/she has no right to lodge any claims against the Organiser should the Conference be hindered or prevented from taking place by any force majeure event, or by the non-appearance of scheduled programme changes . With a completed registration, the delegate confirms his/her acceptance of these provision.
- The Organiser does not accept responsibility for loss or damage to delegates’ own property and/or personal effects whilst at the Conference. The Organiser does not accept any liability for loss or damage to personal effects caused by any force majeure event.
- In the event of cancellation of the Conference due to a force majeure event, all pre-paid fees will be refunded in full, direct to the delegate upon proof of payment. However, the Organiser is not liable for any loss or inconvenience caused as a result of such cancellation.
- The Organiser reserves the right to alter the programme, topics, and dates of event without prior notification to the delegates. The Organiser reserves the right to change the Conference speakers in case of illnesses or other conditions beyond its control. All information provided is accurate at the date of publishing.